New Zealand Working Holiday Visa Character Requirements
The New Zealand Government will only grant a working holiday visa to applicants they find are of "good character".
There are specific visa character requirements which are used to determine this.
Character Requirements for New Zealand Work Visas
If none of the following statements apply to you, you are likely to meet the New Zealand visa character requirements:
- You have been convicted and sentenced to prison for twelve months or longer within the last ten years.
- You have been convicted and given a prison sentence of five years or more, regardless of whether this has since expired from your record.
- You have belonged to, supported or participated with any organisation believed to be involved with criminal objectives or engaged in criminal or terrorist activities.
- You have a New Zealand removal order in force against you or have ever been deported from any country including New Zealand.
- It is thought that whilst in New Zealand you are likely to assist or commit criminal offences, drug offences or acts of terrorism.
- It is thought that due to any international circumstances it is likely that you represent a danger to New Zealand's security or public order.
If any of these statements do apply to you, your visa application is likely to be unsuccessful.
Additional Character Requirements
If you have a criminal record of a different nature (eg. disqualification from driving, or more common offences), the New Zealand Government will request more information to make a decision on whether or not you meet the character requirements.
Also, if you have any military or explosives training the New Zealand issuing authority may require you to provide further information.
They reserve the right to ask any applicant to provide evidence that they are of "good character". In this situation, they will usually ask for police certificates as evidence.
Please bear in mind that supplying incorrect information may lead to any visa granted being cancelled.
If you would like more information on New Zealand visa character requirements, or have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of our New Zealand visa specialists.
Phone: 01925 451 165
(Character Requirements) (Financial Requirements) (Health Requirements)