For assistance with removals, please click here.
Australian Prospective Marriage Visa
The prospective marriage visa is for couples who are engaged to be married. One of you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
The application is made up of two parts – the sponsorship and the visa application. The Australian citizen or permanent resident acts as the sponsor.
This visa is valid for 9 months, during which time you must legally marry. During this time you are able to live and work in Australia. Once you are married, you may apply for your spouse visa. Your new application must be submitted before your prospective marriage expires.
A variety of evidence must be provided to support your prospective marriage visa application including:
- Evidence of your intention to marry your fiance within 9 months of your visa being approved
- Evidence that you have physically met face to face
- Evidence that you intend to live in a genuine married relationship
- Witness statements from family & friends confirming your relationship
- Relationship statements from each of you
- Joint financial/legal commitments
- Evidence of sponsor's employment
- Knowledge of each other's personal circumstances
The fees for the prospective marriage visa are:
$96.00 USD initial registration fee
$2680.00 AUD government fee
$1,509.00 USD + VAT administration fee (payable in two parts)
Additional costs apply if your application is submitted from inside Australia.
For further information, or to submit an enquiry regarding the prospective marriage visa, please complete our enquiry form below and one of our friendly team with contact you.
Alternatively, you may telephone our office on 01925 451 165 or E-Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you wish to proceed with an application for a partner visa, we require you to register with our company. You will then be emailed an application pack including all relevant forms and check list of requirement documents. Registration can be completed either by telephone or online.