Australian 12 Month Tourist Visa
Australia is a big country, and it takes a while to see it all.
Travellers requiring an extended stay in Australia (longer than 6 months), who are visiting for the purpose of tourism, are able to apply for a 12 month Australian holiday visa.
After your visa has been issued, you will have up to 12 months to enter Australia.
Once you are in Australia, you may stay for a period of up to 12 months (from the date you first enter). During this time you can leave and re-enter Australia as often as you like.
To be eligible to apply for an Australian 12 month holiday visa you must agree with the following conditions:
- Your trip should be for the purpose of tourism - working is strictly prohibited!
- You must be able to show proof of funds, in excess off $6,900 AUD ($7,124 USD) in your bank account.
- You must not study for more than 3 months while in Australia.*
* If you intend to study for longer than 4 weeks in Australia, you may be required to undergo a chest x-ray examination.
If you have any questions please contact one of our holiday visa specialists.
Phone: 01925 451 165
You can also apply by phone, it only takes about 5 minutes.
The cost of this visa is $250.00 USD.
Frequently Asked Questions:
» Will I be required to undergo a medical?
- Applicants applying for an Australian long stay tourist visa under 70 years of age will not usually be requested to undergo any medicals, unless they have stated any medical conditions on the application form.
- Applicants over the age of 70 will require a Visitor Visa Medical Certificate 70-85. A doctor's report is required for all applicants applying for an Australian long stay visitor's visa.
- Applicants over 70 years of age wishing to obtain an Australian long stay visa may also be required to provide evidence they have sufficient health/travel insurance for the entire duration of their time in Australia.
» I am travelling with my child/ren without their mother/father, does this matter?